A world of choice.
The GIBS MBA degree is an attractive and unique offering that resonates with individuals who are self-driven, highly motivated and entrepreneurial-minded. This executive MBA programme is ideal for those who are keen to start their own business, or the general manager who is looking to gain a deeper and all-rounded understanding of business to become a more effective manager.
Our six MBA (Phase 2) formats
- Part Time Programme (Red Group): Monday and Wednesday evening (17:30 - 21:30) and a full day Saturday OR Sunday (08:30 - 17:30)
- Part Time Programme (Yellow Group): Tuesday and Thursday evening (17:30 - 21:30) and a full day Saturday OR Sunday (08:30 - 17:30)
- Short Block Modular Programme (Green Group): Full day Thursday and/ or Friday, Saturday and Sunday (08:30 - 17:30), every second week
- Long Block Modular Programme (Blue Group): 7 - 11 consecutive days per a block (08:30 - 17:30), every second month
- Intensive Programme (Purple Group): 15 Months: Modular format with sessions of up to ten day blocks, every three weeks.
- Long Block Modular KZN MBA Programme (Orange Group): 7 - 11 consecutive days per a block (08:30 - 17:30), every second month. GIBS, in partnership with the Toyota Wessels Institute for Manufacturing Studies(TWIMS), will offer the MBA with a manufacturing focus in KZN in 2019. The MBA being delivered at the TWIMS venue in KZN, includes a range of manufacturing-focussed content. This programme will be delivered at the following venue: Toyota Wessels Institute for Manufacturing Studies (TWIMS), 74 Everton Road, Kloof, 3610.
Note: These formats are subject to changes. Applicants will be notified of any changes timeously.
All formats can include Saturday and/Sunday attendance as required.
The following core courses are covered in the Postgraduate Diploma in General Management (phase 1):
- Financial and Management Accounting
- Human Behaviour and Performance
- Human Resource Strategy
- Research and Statistics
- Operations Management
- Business Communication for Impact
- Applied Business Project
The following core courses are covered in the MBA in General Management (phase 2):
- Human Resource Strategy*
- Financial and Management Accounting*
- Operations Management*
- Environment of Business
- Decision Making
- Innovation and Design
- Strategic Implementation
- Integrated Simulation
*If students complete PGDip GM (Phase 1), credits for these courses are obtained onto the MBA (Phase 2) of the programme.
- Research Project
- Choose your 5 Electives (runs 3 - 4 consecutive full days per elective - no evening options. Electives are run full day weekdays and/or weekend depending on your selection)
- Global Module
The MBA being delivered at the Toyota Wessels Institute for Manufacturing Studies in KZN, includes a range of manufacturing-specific content, including:
- Cases in core courses focusing on the manufacturing environment
- Manufacturing electives concentrating on the future of manufacturing, green manufacturing, African trade and industrialisation, lean operations management, and lean supply chain management
- International study trips to manufacturing-related locations
- Independent research project on a manufacturing-related theme