The UCT GSB MBA specialising in Executive Management (EMBA) is an applied learning experience for executives and leaders that will help you to develop in your executive role so that it is more fulfilling and purposeful. The programme will develop your presence, conceptual ability, practical wisdom and prudence so that you are able to prioritise in complex situations and deliver effectively. Ranked number one in Africa and 56th in the world, the UCT GSB EMBA programme was the only African EMBA to rank in the top 100 globally by the Financial Times in 2020.
The business world offers up challenges that involve large sets of variables on consumer behaviour, trends, regulatory uncertainties, shifting competition, and new technologies. In order to illuminate insightful action, you need to develop a lens that helps you focus on the variables that matter. The EMBA uses systems thinking, design thinking and integrative thinking in the transformative learning process that enables students to build new lenses.
The EMBA at the UCT GSB is offered in a modular format over two years. The curriculum comprises five contact modules, plus a dissertation. The interactive nature of the programme requires that you attend all contact modules and contribute to the collective experience.
The EMBA return on investment:
- Develop competence and mastery across the breadth of your management experience
- Make sense of the totality of the messy experience of managing in a complex world
- Go beyond knowledge and theory to include the felt experience of being in management
- Become more authentic in how you engage with your self, your team and the world
- Find new purpose and fulfilment in your role and develop greater resilience in the workplace
- Understand the need for and be able to implement successful business model innovation
- Develop the capacity to integrate multiple perspectives and strategies to build more holistic and sustainable organisations
- Join a powerful network of your peers