6 STEPS TO START YOUR MBA
Step 1 - Download and read the MBA Application Guidelines.
Step 2 - The documents you will need:
The following documents are required as part of your application:
- Three Motivation Essays
- Certified copy of Degree Certificate and Academic Transcript
- Two Evaluator's Forms: Select and approach two individuals who know you in a professional context and who are not family members to complete the confidential evaluator's forms. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that each evaluator receives a form which must be returned directly from the evaluator to GSB Admissions. Your evaluators should email the Evaluator's Forms to email@example.com.
Step 3 - Complete a UCT online application:
When completing the "Programme of Study" section, please select the following:
- Select 2021 academic year
- Level of Qualification: GSB (Postgraduate Programmes)
- Faculty: Commerce
- Academic Qualification: GSB Master of Business Administration
Begin the Online Application here.
Step 4 - Pay your non-refundable application fee
Step 5 - Mandatory Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT):
All MBA applicants are required to write the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) and obtain an acceptable GMAT score. A GMAT score of 550 will ordinarily be required.
Bookings should be made at http://www.mba.com.
Step 6 - Deliver hard-copy documents:
GSB Admissions, Graduate School of Business
University of Cape Town
Cape Town, 8001
Please DO NOT send the documents to UCT Main Campus (Rondebosch).
Due to operational disruptions caused by COVID-19, please confirm your document uploads from step #3 above by uploading them again via your unique UCT GSB pre-application link.
This will allow the admissions administration team to process your application faster and more efficiently, and helps to ensure that your application submission is complete and accurate.
Step 6.1 - Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Assessment (if applicable):
Applicants who do not meet the formal entrance criteria for the MBA can apply as RPL candidates by submitting the Portfolio of Evidence Assessment form in addition to their application. The RPL procedure is available here.