Our essence is ‘Leadership for Sustainability’.
We aim to be the business school of choice for those aspirant leaders and managers who are committed to applying sustainable business practices.
We undertake to equip our MBA graduates and Executive Short Course participants with the requisite knowledge to fundamentally contribute to ethical and sustainable management practices. In fulfilling our purpose, we recognize the importance of engaging with our stakeholders, namely our students, short course participants, staff, Board of Management and Board of Advisers, our Alumni, Rhodes University, our benefactors and the broader community, especially the Eastern Cape region.
- To be the leading Business School in Africa which contributes to the advancement of knowledge on leadership for sustainable business practices
- To be in the top three research business schools in South Africa as measured by our publication ratio
- To be acknowledged as a Business School which relative to its size makes a significant contribution to addressing socio-economic challenges faced in its geographic proximity, the Eastern Cape
- To fully abide by the Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME)
The core values to which we subscribe include:
- integrity and respect
- quality and innovation in everything that we do and offer
- diversity and equity
- knowledge advancement
- culture of service learning