Consular services

Where to go for consular services:

If you're abroad
If you're interested in visiting, immigrating to, working, studying or conducting business in South Africa, you can apply to your nearest South African Embassy, High Commission or Consulate abroad for the visas and/or permits you'll need.

All permanent South African missions can be contacted by telephone, fax or e-mail. Click here to check the full alphabetical list by country. (In countries where South Africa does not have resident representatives, consular services are offered through honorary consuls or through consular sharing agreements with missions in nearby countries.)

Also see: If you're in South Africa
To find your country's representative office in South Africa, click here. Or contact the Department of Foreign Affairs' head office in Pretoria:
  • Postal Address

  • Directorate: Consular and Agency Services
    Department of Foreign Affairs
    Route HBC110
    Private Bag X152
  • Physical Address

  • Room 134
    1st Floor
    Northvaal Building
    225 Vermeulen Street
The Department's Operations Room runs 24 hours a day, seven days a week: Source:,
Share on Twitter Share on LinkedIn Share on Facebook
Share via Email

Follow Us
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on LinkedIn
Follow us on Facebook
Get headlines via RSS

Receive the free newsletter:

Send a question to our panel of MBA experts:

©2024 SURREAL. All rights reserved.
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on LinkedIn Join us on Facebook