When deciding to invest in an MBA, you are taking the decision to invest in a major opportunity to shape and develop your future career potential. Globalisation has resulted in an international market place that requires individuals and companies to increasingly stand out from their competitors.
The MANCOSA MBA is the ideal vehicle to meet the challenges of the global economy. The academic programme has been designed to provide you with specialist knowledge enabling you to manage the challenges faced by both the private and public sectors. The breadth and depth of the programme will enable you to build on your existing business experience whilst developing new personal and professional skills. About MANCOSA
The Management College of Southern Africa (MANCOSA) is an accredited and registered higher education provider with considerable experience in the development and delivery of management programmes.
MANCOSA specialises in supported distance education in the fields of business management and tourism and has developed a vast infrastructure of academic and intellectual capacity in order to facilitate the provision of its programmes.
MANCOSA has a wide spread of students based throughout the Southern African region and other parts of the world and has extensive experience in the provision of academic support to students studying through distance education.
MANCOSA seeks to facilitate the narrowing of the skills gap by providing accredited business and tourism education that is accessible and affordable. Mission
The Management College of Southern Africa (MANCOSA) sees to contribute to the changing management education demands of Southern Africa through learning programmes responsive to the needs of students, the community and the region as a whole. Vision
MANCOSA’s vision is to be recognised as a leading, world-class higher education institution that is committed to quality, equity and excellence in the development and delivery of its programmes.
MANCOSA’s vision includes expanding its programmes into the SADC countries and other parts of the world, thus providing much needed higher education to develop an entrepreneurial spirit that ultimately facilitates social and economic development. Benefits of an MBA degree
The MBA is no doubt the most popular management degree that prepares students to enter the world of business. There are several reasons why the MBA is regarded as the Rolls Royce of management education. Its popularity has increased in South Africa for the following reasons:
- The MBA is a unique offering that takes an integrated and holistic view of management education i.e. it covers the full range of management disciplines
- Practical approach to management education - emphasis on action learning that simulates real world management problems. Case studies are used to demonstrate rigorous and challenging management problems in the local and international business environment
- Employment equity has increased demand for MBA from previously disadvantaged groups i.e. Blacks, females etc.
- Meets the challenges of globalisation - MBA graduates are able to take a broader geographical perspective due to their training in subjects such as international business and business strategy
- MBA is internationally recognised - facilitates the mobility of graduates seeking international experience
- MBA courses allow a wide choice of elective modules that meets the needs of students in specific industries i.e. investment & portfolio management, health care management etc.
- Business schools are forming partnerships with regional employers to exchange views on innovations and developments in the business world and are using this knowledge for teaching and research on MBA programmes.